Well I had made a shortlist of all sorts of great drivers to work through the cabinet simulations with, including the B&C 15TBX100 (Italy), BEYMA 15B100/R (Spain), RCF LF15N401 (Italy), Selenium 15WS800 (Brazil), and even some from Lorantz (Dandenong, Australia), though the Lorantz ones were out of my budget, despite being locally made.
But I got very lucky with ebay and scored a pair of Lorantz 15″ C390X B1 for a great price. I’m told these are asbolutely amazing quality speakers.
Conveniently the auction even included some PA cabinets – though not great for loungeroom use long term at least I can get some instant gratification and get started with measurements and integrating the speakers before I start the big task of building some nice permament enclosures. When placed upside down they even position the speaker quite close to the waveguide, which is how I want the new cabinet to have it.
Not measurements yet. I’ve just quickly hooked up the bass drivers with some temporary banana sockets connected via the bass reflex port.