Some finish added to the enclosures. OK but could be better.

It took me a while to get to adding some finish to the speakers, but I finally did using some “Cabots Satin Jarrah Water Based Stain and Varnish“.



Although it looks OK at a distance I’m not completely satisfied, its a bit blotchy and has some drips that show up when you look more closely, especially at the sides and back.


I followed the instructions and sanded between coats but it was quite hard to judge how much paint to apply so I ended up with some drips unfortunately.
The solution I guess is yet another sand and coat of varnish, but I’ll wait until warmer weather and do outside instead of in the garage so I can see better, and use a roller instead of a brush so I apply the varnish more evenly.

Comments are closed.